COVID-19 Aria Skin + Body
This policy is developed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic (2020)and outlines the return to services policies implemented to allow safe trading during the pandemic.
SafeWork Reference: https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/covid-19-information-workplaces/industry-information/beauty- salons-and-day-spas/hygiene?tab=tab-toc-employer
NSW Government: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
Additional Information: The following steps are required to be followed during the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure safety of staff | clients | and the community.
Salon Signage – Handwashing guidelines at each wash station. Signage at front counter for hand sanitising. Signage at front door for conditions of entry. Guidelines re social distancing in common areas.
Reception Area – Magazines / cups / water / iPads removed. Seating arranged in line with social distancing. Limited people in reception and signage displaced and staff aware.
Treatment Rooms : Limited to one staff and one client no additional people
Staff: Staff must not attend work should they or someone they have been in contact with show symptoms of COVID-19 even if mild. Staff to stay home if sick and to call the COVID hotline should they need to attend for testing.
National Coronavirus Hotline: 1800 020 080
Lunch Breaks: To be taken with social distancing in practice and ideally in a room not being used that day or offsite
Worker and Visitor Hygiene – Handwashing
▪ before and after eating
▪ after coughing or sneezing
▪ after going to the toilet, and
▪ when changing tasks and after touching potentially contaminated surfaces.
▪ washing their hands or using alcohol-based hand sanitiser upon arrival
▪ advising they minimise the number of times they touch their phone and other personal items as they could unintentionally transfer germs to the workplace, and
▪ only touching retail items they are interested in purchasing.
▪ prohibit clients from walking around the premises barefoot, e.g. after a pedicure
Standard Procedures during COVID-19
Aria Skin and Body Policies and Procedures
The following are to take place when booking appointments.
DAY TO DAY
Last Updated 3 August 2020